Frequently Asked Questions


Do I need to get a visa (entry clearance) before I travel to the UK?

If you come to the UK as a student on or after 1 September 2007, you must obtain entry clearance before traveling. You apply for entry clearance from your nearest British diplomatic post (Embassy or High Commission). You can find contact details of your nearest diplomatic post on the website.

Tier 4 Plans for Students?

The UK Border Agency has published its plans for the student Immigration Rules under Tier 4 of the Points Based System. They are expected to come into effect by April 2009. For complete detail kindly look at this Student Getting Ready Under New UKBA Point Based System.

When do I need to pay for my course?

For non-EU students requiring a visa to study in the UK , full fees must usually be paid at least 4 weeks prior to your arrival at the school. Different schools have different policies, and we will notify you of any particular terms and conditions before you book your course. EU Students usually have the option of paying the difference on their first day at the school. Please note that the deposit in this case will have to equal the amount deducted in the event of cancellation.

Will my deposit be refunded if I don’t get my visa?

The majority of schools on the website will refund your deposit in full on production of a copy of the official visa refusal letter. Some schools however will retain an admin fee, and if you cancel at late notice you may be liable for further charges. You will be notified of the terms and conditions before you pay your deposit, but we do recommend that you book your course as early as possible. If you are not entirely sure about the refund policy of a particular school please ask to explain.

How do I pay the school?

The preferred method of payment is by Bank Transfer. will provide you with the school’s bank details for you to make the transfer. You will be required to pay for any bank charges. Once you have paid the fees or deposit to the school, you will be asked to fax or email a copy of the bank transfer to and we will arrange for the enrolment paperwork to be sent to you.

What is the average cost of courses and accommodation in the UK?

Generally, the shorter your course the more expensive it will be per week. Long-term courses often have special rates, so please contact for details. London is generally more expensive than other areas in the UK, especially regarding accommodation. As a very general guideline expect to pay about 200 - 400 GBP per week for tuition and accommodation. Remember, if you are a non-EU student you must study for at least 15 hours per week and are only allowed to work for a maximum of 20 hours per week when . If you are admitted for a course lasting more than 6 months you must not work for more than 20 hours per week during term time unless your placement is part of your studies.

What conditions must I meet to be a student in the UK?

If you want to study in the UK, you must meet the requirements of the UKBIA immigration rules. These requirements apply to; the place where you want to study, your course, your ability to follow the course, your finances, and your intentions during and after your studies.
The college or university where you want to study must be on the Register of Education and Training Provider of Department of Innovations, Universities and Skills.

New Student Immigration Application Form.

If you are applying on or after 18 August 2008 to extend your immigration permission to be in the UK as a student, student nurse, re-sit student, writing up student or as a sabbatical officer, you must use version 08/08 of the FLR(S) form. If you are applying before 18 August, you should use version 04/08 of the form.

Tier 1(General) and MBA Students.

Tier 1(General) come into force fully on 30 June 2008. It replaces the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, which had a special provision for some MBA graduates. Tier 1 (General) does not have this special provision. However, the UK Border Agency has announced transitional arrangements for you if you enrolled on your MBA or Executive MBA at one of the 50 specified institutions before 30 June 2008 and make an initial application as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant within 12 months of obtaining your qualification.

Can I bring my family with me to the UK? 

Yes, but only your spouse or civil partner and your children. Your children must be under the age of 18 when they first enter the UK.
A civil partner is a same sex partner with whom you have a legally recognised relationship, including relationships registered in countries other than the UK.

Can I stay in the UK to work after I have finished studying?

This depends on whether you meet the requirements for any of the schemes that the UK Government operates. At the moment the schemes that are most significant for students who have finished their studies are:

Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) for those who have obtained a UK degree or Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma (or HND from a Scottish institution). This replaces the International Graduates Scheme and the Fresh Talent. 

Work Permit Scheme for jobs where no one in the resident labour market can be recruited, and occupations where there is a shortage of qualified workers.

Training and Work Experience Scheme for work-based training for a professional or specialist qualification or work experience. 

Tier 1 (General) for those with degrees and work experience and prior earnings at a certain level. This replaces the Highly Skilled Migrants Programme.


Study In The UK Study In The UK Study In The UK





Site Links

IELTS Information

Useful Links

Contact Us

  • all our schools partners are fully accredited by leading accreditation bodies and authorities.


  Copyright © All rights reserved 2012